Sunday, October 28, 2007

Passion Fruit and Figs etc...

I think it is interesting that the figs and the date palm, which I haven't put up a picture of yet, & the tropicals and sub tropicals are all growing so well in the same environment. The date palm is growing from a seed that came from a bulk bag of dates that I bought last year at Tu B'shvat, (ט"ו בשבט ) the New Year of the Trees. So I planted 5 seeds and 1 grew. It has 5 fronds so far. I'll take a picture of that, too and put it up here, as well as the passion fruit vines that are all over the place. Man, are they vigorous! I was reading that the passion fruit will take a year or more to fruit. Come April, it will be a year. We'll see what we'll see. Something to look forward to.
Figs
1st Papaya Flower

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics-"cool beans" about the figs, dates, etc...your website is very nice, too. :) Mary